Cook county traumatic brain injury is a potentially devastating trauma that can range from mild to severe. For example, A head injury from a Chicago car accident, may result from a blow, rapid deceleration or acceleration, or penetrating impact to the head. According to the Mayo Clinic, some common causes of head trauma include:
- Slip and fall, such as down a set of stairs
- Car accidents, motorcycle crashes, or bicycle accidents
- Sports related injuries, such as repeated concussions during a football game
- Blows to the head, such as striking head on windshield or steering wheel,
Of these various causes, Cook county car accidents
are among the most common cause of TBI injuries in Waukegan, Rockford, Chicago, Aurora, and across Illinois. Examples of how the brain is injured in Cook County motor vehicle accidents are as follows:
- The head striking the dashboard or steering wheel
- Rapid deceleration or acceleration of the vehicle resulting in the brain banging against the skull
- The impact of a car struck by another vehicle causing severe spinning
- A penetrating wound to the head caused by debris from the accident
Observing basic motor vehicle safety, such as following Illinois rules of the road and never drinking and driving, go a long way in preventing traumatic brain injuries and head trauma. Understanding the common causes and consequenses of this devastating trauma is an essential part of prevention.
Cullotta Law Offices is a top rated Chicago personal injury law firm in Waukegan, Chicago, Rockford, Evanston and other cities in Illinois. The law firm's personal injury claims and cases routinely involve either a spinal cord injury and/or brain injury.
Call CULLOTTA LAW OFFICES at (847) 651-7191 to speak with an an experienced Cook county Illinois brain injury attorney directly.