How will my child's Chicago brain injury affect his education?
Following a Chicago traumatic brain injury, your child may experience many side effects which could impact his performance in school. Recognizing this prior to the child's return to the classroom allows the opportunity to properly prepare. These side effects may include:
- Difficulty concentrating during lessons
- Frustration over the increased difficulty to master new skills
- Acting out at inappropriate times
- Inability to focus while taking exams
- Exhaustion before the end of the school day
It is important to communicate with the educators at your child's school in order to provide appropriate accommodations. Examples of services that the school may offer the child include any of the following:
- A quiet classroom free from distractions
- Individualized tutoring to adapt to the increased length of time it may take to learn new skills
- Opportunities for rest throughout the day
Traumatic brain injuries negatively impact the lives of victims in many ways. Unfortunately, this includes the ability of children to learn in the same manner as they did prior to suffering the head trauma. If your child has suffered a TBI, contact an experienced Chicago brain injury lawyer to protect the child's legal rights. For a complimentary consultation, fill out our online form or call our office at (847) 651-7191.